What's New with The Unending Addventure
9 May 1998
- We are running out of space again. Therefore we must, unfortunately,
take some drastic action.
- Game 2, The Unending Addventure, will be available to read but not
extend. This is now making official what has been policy for about
a year now.
- It continues to be our intention to eventually reopen Game 2.
02 Apr 1997
- The game is now updated to
- Uncompleted rooms should be cleaned up within 6-7 hours again.
28 Feb 1997
- A problem with our mail configuration prevented some subscriptions
Addventure Authors mailing list
from being sent and some requests for expansion mail from being
- If you requested to join the mailing list, but did not receive a
- We apologize for the problems.
26 Feb 1997
- 2 Dec came and went a long time ago!
- Two years ago, we first opened this new game. We hardly expected that
we would get this kind of response:
- Averaging over 50 new, completed, episodes per day!
- Thousands of hits per day across the entire site.
- Several dozen megabytes of hard drive space.
- We're now upgrading to
of the game system and hope to be able to provide a more reliable game
for you with several new, interesting features.
- We've also upgraded our pages and introduced a brand new logo.
- Welcome back to The Unending Addventure!
29 Nov 1996
- We're running low on space again, so I've had to suspend the
- Hope to be back by 2 Dec
02 Nov 1996
- As of 8:26 PM (Eastern), 100000 episodes have either been created
or available for creation! Over one third of these are already
- More and more episodes every moment thanks to your help!
31 Oct 1996
- Found more space again! The game is reopened.
- There are still some dead-ends which need to be cleaned up, and
which we hope to do by the beginning of the year.
- We have a guide and critic! Louis Epstein provides his guide to
the game from the game's home page.
27 Oct 1996
- Once again, we have run out of disk space temporarily and have
closed the game for a little while.
24 Jul 1996
- We've been able to free up some disk space, so the game is open
again (at least till we get low on space again).
- Some (but not all) of the dead ends that existed are now
useable again. We're still working on cleaning up the rest.
- Thanks for your patience!
21 Jul 1996
- We have had to turn the game off for new episodes because we
are low on disk space. We hope to free up some more disk space
shortly and reopen the game.
- During this time, we hope to be able to clean up some of the
problems that have accumulated.
11 Feb 1996
- After almost two weeks of intermittent service,
the game is now running again
and shouldn't "dead end" for longer than 6-12 hours
anymore. Sorry for the delay in getting back running.
29 Jan 1996
16 Oct 1995
- This morning, The Unending Addventure broke 30,000 possible
episodes. This is more than the number of rooms in Addventure
Classic and was achieved nearly three months faster! Thank you
all for your help and support.
15 Oct 1995
- Updated the game to
version 2.0.5, which should have fixed the statistics problem
30 Aug 1995
- There was a small problem with the game earlier today that I hope
I've corrected. Please contact me if you ever have problems.
- The Statistics module appears to be having problems. I'm
trying to get it working and will update the news here when we do.
01 Jun 1995
07 May 1995
27 Apr 1995 - 1545 Eastern US
- Fixed the problem that prevented anyone from creating a room. Big oops!
Sorry about the confusion again.
27 Apr 1995
- There is enough free space on this machine to turn Addventure
back on again. Sorry about the problems.
- "Game statistics" appears to be broken. I'm looking into it.
- I might as well take this opportunity to say that I'm trying to
find a large chunk of space for Addventure, so we might be
moving again. You shouldn't notice it for the most part, and
I'll keep you posted when it happens.
26 Apr 1995
- The machine Addventure is running on is out of space, so you will
be unable to expand until I'm able to locate some more. Sorry
about this. Please write if you have any questions.
27 Mar 1995
- As of 0800 (Eastern) this morning, I restarted Addventure. There is
a problem that I am keeping my eye on, but I think it won't be a
problem while I finish a repair. Sorry for the problems.
26 Mar 1995
- At about 1330 today, the system went weird on us again. The game
is currently in read-only mode until I can (hopefully) identify
the problem and fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- (2209 Eastern US) Well, I figured out what happened. Now just
to figure out how to prevent it.
21 Mar 1995
- Somehow, at about 1500 Eastern time today, several rooms were
corrupted and several others were lost. I'm trying to figure out
what happened exactly, and if any of the users who were playing
at the time can contact me I would be most appreciative. If the
authors of rooms 5, 6, and 7 would also contact me, I will try to
restore the rooms the way you wish.
- Sorry for all the problems.
19 Mar 1995
- Updated the game to
- Some cosmetic changes to the game's home page.
26 Feb 1995
- Welcome to a brand new game!