What's New: Addventure 2.1

Version 2.1.1

Bug Fixes
Appearance Changes

Version 2.1.0

Version 2.1 adds several new features to Addventure and changes some internal structures from Version 2.0. Version 2.0 files are fully compatable with version 2.1, but some features may be lost if going backwards.

Listing linkable episodes is optional
On large games, generating the list of linkable episodes started taking a lot of time, and returned huge pages. The ability to list episodes by name or number as the way to select episodes to link to may be disabled by the administrator.
Changes to the 'About' program
Informational messages
Game administrators may set files to be printed during episode creation and when errors occur.
UI improvements
Mailing list support
Administrators can now run a mailing list, and new authors can subscribe to it when they create their episode.
Mailto support in signature
If the administrator allows it, and the user chooses it, the user's signature can become a link to their email address.
Improved sanity-checking in email addresses
Java ready
Our forward compatability module. {: Addventure will be ready for the JavAddventure applets and applications when written. (As of 2.1.0, the applets have not been written.)
Improved administrator documentation
Improved administrator debugging
Disk space monitoring
Cron script can be run to periodically check the status of the disk and turn the game off if it is running out of space.

[ What was new in 2.0 | What is left to do? ]