What's New with Addventure
This "What's New" page will only be dealing with the site in general.
For changes in a particular game, see the "What's New" page for
26 Feb 2000
- In celebration of five years (!) of The Unending
Addventure, I would like to welcome you to our new home.
- There have been some slight cosmetic changes, mostly in
preparation for a new Addventure system and game, and some new
projects of ours. If you have links directly into the stories,
they should continue to work -
contact me if there are
- Games 2 and 3 continue to be closed. But only for the moment!
As part of this move, we got a lot of disk space, and we intend
to reopen these classics. The catch is that they have to wait
until Addventure 2.2 is finished (part of the deal to get the new
- The Peoples' Choice Awards are open! Although they won't affect
the outcome of the Game 4 Contest, you can now vote for your
favorite entries. Vote early! Vote often! Game 4 itself will
open when Addventure 2.2 is ready as well.
9 May 1998
- We are running out of space again. Therefore we must, unfortunately,
take some drastic action.
- Game 2, The Unending Addventure, will be available to read but not
extend. This is now making official what has been policy for about
a year now.
- Game 3, Endless Perspectives, will be shut down for backup and to move
to its new location.
2 May 1998
- We will be moving the machine Addventure is sitting on in the next
couple of days, so expect outages or other problems.
26 Feb 1997
- In celebration of two years of The Unending Addventure, we've
reopened the games with a new version and a new look for all our pages!
1 Jun 1995
- In celebration of our 1 year anniversary, we are pleased to welcome
you to our new home!
- We have started a new game, Endless Perspectives, which
will try to present a new... angle... on the game/story.
- Game 1, Addventure Classic is now available for reading.
- Game 2, The Unending Addventure is in the process of
being moved over. Sorry for the delay.
- Addvenure will be moving to a new site soon! We're pretty
excited about it, and we hope to offer some new stuff after the move.
- I've added some sections to get your feedback for possible new
- With over 30,000 rooms able to be created, I've temporarily closed
Game 1. I hope to reopen it after cleaning it up a bit.
- Addventure 2.0 is now the standard version! Check out the new
documentation including details about what is new.
- There is a new game going, The Unending Addventure, which
I hope you enjoy.
- The original game will still be running with Addventure 1.2 for
a little while. I will then shut it down and change it to a
"browse only" version.
Note: All of these events are from the original game, and it is
unlikely that the links work, or that any of this is relevant.
- After far too long a delay, Addventure 2.0 is entering final testing
and should be available for play RRRRSN.
- For a sneak peak, see the preview.
- Netcom (and maybe Prodigy) users: I have made some changes to the
home page so you should have no problems playing now. Let me
know if I'm wrong.
- I've had some discussions with
Netcom tech support on this issue. Thanks for their help and,
more importantly, the people who have sent me email trying to
resolve this issue.
- Addventure 2.0 is (finally) entering Beta test. Expect it within
- Feel free to send us
feedback about the game. This link is also available from
the main page.
- Thanks to the server administrators, who now do usage statistics
runs on just the Addventure pages, the results from the past few
weeks are now available from the main screen.
- A couple of small cosmetic changes to the home page.
- Addventure 2.0 entered alpha testing today. The new features will be
announced later. Suffice it to say that this is a warning that
the original game will be ended soon (but not destroyed).
- Source code for Addventure and the main library it uses to read fields
from forms is now available.
- Updated the Addventure programs to version 1.2
- Added the wiperoom program to help clean out rooms
- Began a campaign to clean-up some dead-end rooms that had nothing
in them. (Or at least no choices and it clearly wasn't an ending.)
- Updated the Addventure programs to version 1.1
- Less likely that "dead-end" rooms can be created.
All rooms created must have at least one choice and new "description"
pages have a way to reject the room.
- The text area may now be arbitrarily large
- The "click here for entry" link now tries to trick smart browsers
that do document caching.